Wednesday, September 1, 2010

a rude awakening.

DISCLAIMER: this is me pouring my soul out. so i am sorry that it's boring. and i'm sorry if it makes no sense. but just let me be.

okay, so i have kinda been slacking in my scripture reading and praying. i guess i kinda find it hard to do it when i go to bed later then my roommate and then i dont want to turn the light on to read (because heaven forbid i even take my book into the other room). but anyways, today i decided i needed to get back into the rhythm of things and to refocus my life...it's funny what god will show you in the exact moments that you need it.
i was on my computer wishing i could turn the light on to read, but then i realized that it is the age of technology, and i was pretty sure that somewhere on this world wide web i could find something that would allow me to read without turing on the stupid light. so i did :)

i randomly clicked on enos and i guess every single word he said in that tiny little book was exactly what i needed to hear. not exactly what i wanted to hear, but what i needed :) enos was such a strong, and full of faith man and i wish so badly i could be more like him. it's funny how simple it is, trust in the lord and how vast the blessings you recieve are. i wish i could be better at this then i am :s

i love the difference that i can see in my life when i focus my life towards living it how the savior would want me to. it's getting harder and harder i guess you could say, living on your own and everything. there are a million things being pushed at you and you have so many things to stress out about and i hate how i've been slacking off, and not letting the lord into my life.

SOOO. blah blah blah, i know i am kinda being boring so sorry. but i just want to challenge everyone...if you've been slacking on your scripture reading..pick up that book of mormon and read it because it will change your life, and you'll see that things just seem to go in a better direction and you can make it through the day without calling your mom and crying to her (okay, mostly that's just me that does it. but you know..insert your own issue in place of mine)

but anyways. i love jesus :) aaaand i'm starting to love college (well..i wouldnt say love. but i am beginning to be able to live through the day a little bit.)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing Mallory! Just what I needed :) Love you