Tuesday, June 7, 2011

the fish fiasco

Hello. Everyone in the world and their dog should know that I not only hate fish, I DESPISE them. I am so scared of them. My hands start to sweat when I see an aquarium. I get a lump in my throat just thinking about having to be in the same water as them. Swimming in a lake? No thanks. Snorkeling in exotic waters? NEVER.

I think it's a disease I have.

Anyways, back to the fish fiasco.

One of my very prestigious jobs at work is to feed the fish. No, they're not cute little gold fish or baby beta fish. They're SATAN fish. Literally. One of them eats all the other fish. And the other ones are just scary and mean and try to kill me every time I stick my hand in the tank to feed them. It's a disaster. And I have to endure this alone! Every morning I stand in front of the tank for about 5 minutes thinking about how awful the event of feeding the fish is. Then I pour the food into the little measuring cup, and take a step towards that awful tank. I hurry and stick my hand in the little opening and dump all the food in that I can before having a severe anxiety attack and fainting in front of all the customers. It's awful, let me tell ya.
Anyways, today was no different. I get ready to feed the fish, and all of a sudden realize that ONE OF THEM IS HALF EATEN. Yes. The evil oscar fish ate this poor guys fins! So he cant swim at all, and he's just left there. To die. Or to get eaten. Whichever one happens first. I screamed and ran away and told everyone, but dont worry. This isn't the only awful catastrophe that happened today with these fish. I'm feeding them, and realize there is a plastic thing on the top for the..high water or something. I have no idea. Anyways, I pushed the top of the aquarium off so I could find a hole to pour the food into, but I was nervous so I got one of the girls in the back to help me..and then there was a customer standing there kinda helping us/mostly just watching me scream my guts out about these nasty nast fish.
so. I feed the fish. All is dandy and well, but i'm resting my hand on the top of the thing while it's still open. (is this making sense or am I just talking nonsense?) anyways, this guy that was watching us decides he wants to tell me that the oscar fish will jump out of the tank if he gets the chance and I should be careful, so I ran away..and I was already spooked because the thought of a fish jumping out of the tank and slapping me in the face kept running through my head, and I hated it. So he laughs and someone made a really loud noise, and so I freaked out because I thought it was the fish jumping or something (because apparently in my head jumping fish sounds somewhat like a cow giving birth? Who knows what goes on in my brain. But I was scared, okay!?) so I run across the room screaming my bloody guts out because I thought it was trying to attack me.
And then I got embarrassed because everyone in the whole entire freaking dealership was there and saw my panic attack about the fish. But I swear, you'd scream too.

Anyways, now that everyone knows about my fish fear people make fun of me all the freaking time! It's not my fault, okay?! I cant help that fish are the second scariest things on the planet earth!
So. there you go. The story of how I almost died by a fish attack. I have more of them, actually. Like this one time..me and my mom and abigail (the lil sis) were in florida just swimming along in the ocean having a grand ol' time, when BAM. My mother starts screaming her guts out, declaring that her toe had been eaten off by a gigantic fish with saber tooth tiger teeth. Yeah, freaked the CRAP out of me, so I start running towards the shore because the last thing i'm going to do is get eaten alive by a flesh eating fish. Abigail grabs me because she knows how scared I am, and it took me like 45 minutes to get waist deep in the ocean, so there was no way she was going to start over again trying to get me in the water. My mom is screaming in pain, abigail is screaming at her to stop so I wont be so scared, and i'm on top of the boogie board crying out of terrifiedness. It was all together a bad situation, and people probably thought we all had severe handicaps...but truth be told, we do. :)
anyways, point of these stories? Fish suck. And they're scary. And mean. And flesh eating. So dont trust them. EVER.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never!!!

Melanie said...

for your birthday I am buying you the book "one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"