Monday, May 10, 2010

procrastination

Okay so i have to give a 10 minute speech tomorrow...30 slides...video clips..all of that jazz. but what is the only thing i can think about?
toast.

i freaking love toast. i wish i could steal all the bread from great harvest and make it into toast and then slap some butter on it and eat it all the time.

it is freaking amazing.

anyways...i thought of something else that gives me anxiety...

having to deal with my passport in the airport. i have like legit anxiety that i am going to lose it, and get stuck somewhere and yada yada yada. i like check my bag for it 14 times while standing in some ten minute line...i cant help it! i guess it's better than not caring and leaving it somewhere. but sometimes i just feel like i'm so obsessed with not losing it that i am going to lose it.

anyways...i came up with a few things that i cant stand:

1. friction. like rubbing my hands together. skin on skin contact..HATE it.
2. tinfoil. i just hate it.
3. when people scratch the carpet with their fingernails.
4. touching paper after washing my hands.
5. the sound of forks on glass plates


okay i think that's all. i NEED to write this stupid speech.uuugh.

4 comments:

MD said...

Who scratches the carpet with their fingernails? Not normal.

mallorycake said...

haha. well you see...i can still remember at challenger this kid would do it all the time when we would sit on the floor, the very thought of it still makes the back of my teeth hurt.

Melanie said...

I hate touching paper too...especially when it's cold. It is like nails on a chalkboard! :( You know what else should give you anxiety? Touching your spine after you birth a baby!

Sarah said...

Oh sick, we were not meant to touch our spine from the front of our bodies. That is just a fact. I love toast too! And I am the same way with my passport. I made 2 copies of it before I left to the Dominican Republic! One for my carry-on and one I left sitting on my couch, easy access for anyone to find if I needed them to. I heard that having a copy will speed up the process if it does get lost.
This is a serious fear of mine. I lose everything!