Monday, May 24, 2010

i have become "diner girl"


oookay. so i started my new job at the cafe in lifetime, and i really like it! the first day i was really scared and overwhelmed, but now i feel less stupid and i am kinda getting the hang of it, but i mean, it's only been two days so i'm not a professional or anything.

but anyways, onto the topic of this little post.

it seems to be that all the rich and popular boys from my school just sit and hang out at the cafe. i swear they come in three times a day and eat a bazillion foods. well this makes it super awkward for me because i kinda know some of them, and i think they know me, but i know all of them..just from seeing them at school..i mean they're popular everyone knows of them! anyways so they come in today, and i would just smile at them and try not to die of awkwardness. but they like refused to look at me! it was weird! and then this kid ordered a pizza and went and sat down, and i was just cleaning up the sitting area. so the lady made the pizza, and called his name and walked away, but he didnt hear. so i felt obligated to take him this stupid pizza with these 7 guys around him.
so i get up enough courage to grab the pizza and walk it over to them, and i got there and i was like "HI! this is blah blah blah's pizza" and nobody even looked at me, soo i was like ookay.
and then i looked at this one kid and i was like, is you're name blah blah blah. and they didnt look AGAIN. so i was like okay. i am going to throw this pizza at the wall and run into the back room and cry because i feel like such an idiot. so i just set the pizza down in front of a random boy as i yell you're welcome to the world and run away.
man. this story was a lot more awkward when it happened, now it just sounds stupid. maybe i'm writing it in a stupid way but this is all i've got right now.
BOO.

i wish i could explain to you the awkwardness of it. i felt like the girl on a Cinderella story and all the popular people are so mean.

but seriously, other than that i really love my job! the people are so nice!

also, school is almost over. i have half of my math final to finish and then i am DONE. i seriously cannot believe this! I AM GRADUATING! i dont know when that happened, but i like the sound of it :)

i had seminary graduation on sunday, and it felt sooo good to be done! OH i also gave a church on sunday, yeah, i dominated. too bad nobody was there to hear it, but i just whipped that thing out!i was really impressed with myself. you know, no matter how much i complain about that tech center class i did, i am SO thankful for the public speaking skills that i learned, because i am so much more confident and good at public speaking! not a nervous freak who cant spit words out!

oh but anyways, back to what i wanted to say about seminary graduation. when it was my turn to walk up, i got SO nervous! like i felt like i was walking so weird and i got stressed out for the real high school graduation because i have to walk a lot farther, and with a ton more people watching me and i really am stressing about this! so i need to practice my walk, maybe i'll watch more america's next top model so i can get some good pointers. yeah. that's probably a good idea.

this is what i'm going to do twice a day, every day until i get my walk DOWN.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

hahahaha Mallory! I am sorry about that incidence! I understand how you feel! I hate cool people!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering of you would get me some ties in Thailand (or being punny, Tieland).

let me know if you need some $$ for the ties.

uncle tom