Monday, August 18, 2008

august 15th-17th...oh wonderfully wet ireland!

Well today is Sunday. We don’t have internet access but I’m just writing it so I can remember then I’ll post it when I FINALLY have internet. I’m sorta dying without it! But anyways…I’ll start with..the day we left Dublin. WELL.

My most embarrassing story of today…I was super hyper…and I had “this little light of mine I’m gunna let it shine..this little light of mine..i’m gunna let it shine, blah blah blah” so…I just opened our window and sang it at the top of my lungs out the window..and I was totally just..belting it. Well our hotel was in a “L” shape…and we were right next to where it bends. Well…little did I know that there was a conference room on the other side of the L thingy…and of course they were having a conference and their windows just happen to be open, and there were about 15 people sitting there, I was so embarrassed..but oh well we left like 10 minutes later

then We drove and drove and drove all day forever and ever in our baby mini van with all three of us cramped in the back…pinching and fighting. We played the ipod game..which I would HIGHLY recommend. :D alls ya gotta do is put the headphones in…and turn it up all the way..and the other person picks the song..and you sing at the top of your lungs. It’s hilarious. So after driving for a while we stopped off at this gas station and they had like a subway kinda thing so we got sandwiches for lunch. Mine was absolutely disgusting..i’m not going to lie I wanted to throw it out the window. I think it’s because on their sandwiches they use sprinkle cheese…and I hate it! I hate hate hate it! I wanted to cry…but I didn’t :D

then we drove for a while and decided to go to the crystal factory :D it was so cool! We got to see how they like…freakin start out with it way hot and they shape it and stuff..then like how they cut it…then engraving..and what not..i dunno. It was really cool. I loved it…but secretly wanted to steal everything there. But don’t worry I didn’t :D

so then we decided to just go to our bed and breakfast. Oh let me tell ya that was an adventure and a freakin half. We drove all around town…everywhere. Up and down tiny roads..it was so scary…we almost died..like twice. And we were so terribly lost..it was hilarious though I’m not going to lie. Driving on the wrong side of the road is just…weird. And the roads are so so so small! And everyone just parks in the middle of the road…sometimes people just stop and flip their hazards on then just throw it in park…it’s weird.So after FINALLY finding our precious bed and breakfast we unloaded..sat around for a while..blah blah blah I cant really remember what we did..but we went out to dinner at a place called the white house, which was pretty good.

I finally found somewhere with chicken fingers…and let me tell you..they were divine. I have never been so happy in my life. But let me go back to our bed and breakfast :)It was so cute! It was like these peoples house…with like 6 or so rooms. A tv room, a sitting room, and a breakfast room. And me and Abigail and Merrit finally got to have our own beds! And I was so happy..i got the queen size bed, and I was just in heaven. Finally in like…3 weeks I didn’t have to sleep with someone…or in a tiny sliver bed!

So the next day we woke up…did our getting ready thing..ate some yummy breakfast…and headed out to BLARNEY CASTLE! But it was raining..pouring..the old man was surely snoring. But we had high hopes! So we went there…and hiked up the gazillion amount of stairs that we had to hike up. Oh my gosh..it was so scary..it was pouring outside so it was super slippery…and of course the freakin steps were narrow...and super twirly…and oh so very scary. I was crying. But finally we got up there…and it was so beautiful! Then we just hopped right in line to kiss the lovely blarney stone…which is supposed to give you the gift of eloquence…I think that’s how you spell it. It’s supposed to make you talk better. I wanted to kiss it like 17 times. But you know…if you think about it…it’s kinda grody, how many people have really kissed it…kinda grosses me out…but whatever.

Haha to kiss it..you have to lay down on the ground and bend over backwards while holding onto these handles and freakin do a backbend to kiss it. But it was exciting! Haha I loved it…I’m pretty sure I got the gift. I just talk and talk and talk and never stop anymore. My family love it!

Oh man oh man oh man…we went on this walk and what not..and Abigail..oh Abigail..she had her arm around me and we saw a bench…so we were walking across the grass and she pulls me over to the bench..but I go sliding down down down the hill..in the mud. Oooh I was so mad. Everyone was laughing at me and I wanted to beat them up so I stood up with my muddy left half of my body and stomped off…into the trees..i was going to run away..but then I remembered I was in Ireland…in some freaky castle that I had no idea where I was…and I was scared..so I stomped back off to the entrance and I wouldn’t talk to anyone. I wanted to kill someone…like 5 times.

But then we got in the car…and drove away…and I was still really mad. I still kinda am…it was my only pair of pants! And now..they’re dirty!So thennnn..we decided to go to the butter museum. Oh let me tell you…COOLEST THING I HAVE EVER BEEN TO! Haha..just kidding. It was horrible. We might as well have put some money in the toilet and flushed it away…it was a total waste of money. But whatever…now I can say I went to the butter museum. They just like threw random things out..it was just weird…I dunno..i hated it. I was wet and cold and ornery..and it was just really weird.

Then we went to this dumb bell tower..and it was dinging for like 3 hours! It was way funny…because they were playing like you are my sunshine and what not. I was really weirded out.. after that I was hungry..and still in a bad mood at my wet muddy jeans..so we went to some mall food place..it was way good! They had like sandwiches and wraps and soup..and whatever else I dunno. So we ate there..and I was happy after that.

Then we walked around there for a while.So then kinda over by our B&B there was this fort thing from like the 15th century, or something like that. I cant really remember. It was really interesting though they used it from then until 1922! Our tour guide was kinda annoying because..i couldn’t understand a word he was saying and he just talked and talked for 2 and a half hours. So by the end of the tour it was beautiful weather! And so we sat around on the grass and just sat. it was so lovely…overlooking the harbor and what not.

So then we went a walkin’ to find a dinner place and of course they picked icky yicky Indian foody. Luckily I was so tired I wasn’t even hungry..so I didn’t even have to eat. Then we went back and I read..and watched JAMES BOND! Then I went to bed in my queen sized bed! :D :D :D

Then today we did the get ready and eat thing, and packed up and left.So we didn’t have as long of a drive as we did the other time..but it was still really long! So we decided to go to a cave and go there and what not before we went to our next bed and breakfast. I was scared of it. It was wet and dark and scary. But I saw a lot of the..cool stuff there! Haha whatever..can you tell I’m tired and half out of it? Well I am.

So there we met the lady that owned the land it was on..she reminded me of grandma pearl so so much! Ah how I miss grandma pearl :( but she was way funny…she gave us a book and whatever of the place and I just loved her!

Then we were starving so we went to find our B&B and here it is! It reminds me of a granny’s house. The house is pink. The walls are pink. The curtains are pink. The pillows are pink. The comforters are pink. The pictures are pink. Everything is pink. And it’s the granny pink..you all know what I’m talking about. If not you’re crazy. Oh and don’t worry..there is a bunny towel holder in the bathroom. Haha but it’s cute…I love it.

But for lunch…guess what my mom pulls out? My least favorite thing..beef jerky…and my other least favorite thing..peanut butter crackers. That’s all. I was so mad and hungry…but we decided to go to ross castle. There they had this awesome rockin boat tour that we went on..and we saw this was cool like 4th century monastery, but we didn’t get to go in it or anything but I wish we could have! It was cool to see it though. Then we just saw the mountains and the trees and the birds and the fog and the rain drops and the clouds. And everything else that was there. Oh and a jail and a castle, of course. There were about a gazillion islands. I want to live on one all by myself after this vacation. 3 weeks with strictly your family is a little bit like…listening to somebody chomping their gum in your ear.

Anyways we left there, we were hungry from our horrible lunch experience, and so we went to dinner pretty kinda early. I really really wished we could find a freakin Mexican restaurant that’s not 50 miles away. But we went to some place..called..mr. macs or something. I’m not totally sure…but I got this really really yummy hamburger…and I was so so happy. To eat. And now we are just in our B&B just sitting here..my cute sister who I love more then anything is so cute and nice and she’s being really crazy. But she’s so cute. I just want to steal the cuteness off of her..cutie little tush. (Merrit made me say that) :DNow she’s making me go beat up my daddy. So…bye bye :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

haha! that is the longest post like ever but i was never bored so thats good!! i love you and miss you so much you have no idea!