Thursday, February 16, 2012

valentines day's a trip.

so yesterday was valentines day ♥

i want you all to know how much i love and adore you! and especially that i am so thankful that i have all your love and support in my life..especially when i'm 6,000 miles away from home! it means a lot to me! :)

okay, so anyways..this is how my valentines day went down.

woke up and skyped with ryan for our valentines day love date. aaand that was wonderful! as always ;)

and then i got up and got ready for the day...and i definitely did NOT want to go out and do anything. i wanted to sleep all day and never go to school to teach.

BLEH!

it was my day to go to the public school and teach those little hellions. aka...not my favorite thing in the world. but i did it anyways, very slowly. i was slow to get ready, slow to get dressed, slow to eat, slow to put on my shoes/coat/hat/gloves. just plain SLOW.

so finally i got out the door, i was already 20 minutes late, but the guy who comes to pick me up is usually that late anyways, so i figured it was okay. but i kept being slow...reeeaaaalllllly slow. i stopped to take pictures of everything i could see..and totally walked without purpose. that's now much i did NOT want to go to that school. so fiiiiinnnnnaaaaalllllllyyyyy i made it, kinda. they got bored of waiting for me so they came and found me :( busted! 

so then we went to the school, and it was just as i expected. awful. the kids are evil and i'm not even kidding. they plan evil plots during the week..and then on tuesdays they break them all out on me. they refuse to listen. they dont understand a word i'm saying and they're just plain EVIL! i cant seem to get them to even speak. they just sit there and stare at me. do i need a chicken suit and musical instruments to make them listen to me?! i think so.
i think i just found a cure to my dry teaching plans.

it needs a chicken suit!

okay, anyways, who cares about that. i dont like to think about that part of my day. so i came back to the school and ate lunch, and then made some valentines and went on my merry way!

sooo. i got on the bus. then i went and got on the metro. and then i got off the metro.
exciting, eh? well you better believe it because i swear that's what i do with 99% of my time.

but anyways, we got off and walked around..and we found the underground mall! FINALLY! so me and carly walked around there for a bit..we found a store with a lots of makeups for sale..so we looked around..and i decided "I NEED TO BUY LOTION" because my body has been DYING for moisture. so..i looked around. but then i got distracted by a loofah...and then i got mascara (my favorite kind for $3...you CANT pass that up!) and left with NO LOTION. i am so annoyed at my ADD. it's getting worse and worse. i see something shiny, and boom, my memory is gone...all i can focus on is the shiny stuff.

that's how i am with writing this blog...it literally takes me three days to write one post. i bet it would be better if i updated everyday buttt..sorry. that's not going to happen. because my brain does NOT function like that.

so here you are, getting my random array of brain puke in a blog post.

SO. i got off the metro with carly. we met mike, then hannah, then finally found amanda (i'm usually the last one to show up anywhere...and by last one i mean like an hour late..and by usually i mean always) so it was a miracle that i was actually on time! i feel like ukrainians need to go off kenya time (aka..say you'll be there around 4...get there around 7) because the transportation is so unpredictable! if it's 30 minutes away, it can take you 45 minutes to 2 hours...it allllll depends on destiny.

but i'm not even kidding when i say this. i have no idea how 1. i havent died on the bus yet. or 2. these buses are even still running. because they are literally from the 1960's. and they do not drive slow here. it doesnt matter about anything. laws are not followed. honestly, i dont think they have a ukrainian word for law. its just called..do what you want and be courteous of everyone else that is doing what they want.

it's especially great being a pedestrian. it's like playing that froggy game...and guess what? i'm soo super good at it. i put my stop hand up and dart all the cars. i kinda freak everyone out, but hey..someone's gotta do it! you're not gunna get anywhere just standing on the corner waiting for everyone else to stop! you gotta take control! :)

anyways, i keep getting off on my awkward tangents.

so we're at the metro stop. we all meet together, and we continue onward to our destination.

we ride the metro a few more times, and go on our adventure of walking. we walked up this giant hill, and the road was pretty busy. also, it was snowing. and that makes it extremely slippery (but also it keeps it warmer here, so we like the snow!) so we were walking, and i got really excited about the snow so i started singing "if all the raindrops were lemon droops and gum drops" and proceeded to walk down the stairs to the underground tunnel. but i was far too focused on singing my song, and didnt even think about the fact that i was walking down the worlds most slippery stairs, covered in ice and snow. booo!

then it happened. i was that girl. the one that tumbled town the stairs in a mauled mess of things. and all i could do was laugh...and probably scream a few profanities out of confusion.

but it was funnnyyyyy! i'm not even going to lie. everyone told me it looked like it hurt, but it didnt even. all it was was HILARIOUS. i couldnt stop laughing. i swear i fell at the top of the stairs, and somehow got back up to my feet at the bottom. plus, guess what else happened? hannah stepped on my hand. i was pretty sure i was going to take her down with me with my flailing arms, but i didnt. all that happened was she called those things down my stepping on them. but hey, it least it stopped me from continuing to fall.

the best part about falling here is this: when people do, it's not a big deal. it's like a daily ritual for them! go outside, walk, fall, get up, continue. like it's one giant motion. but i cant contain my giggles every time it happens to me, or anyone around me. it's just too funny to not laugh about!

so with my wet bum (and gloves) we continued onward on our valentines day adventure.

we walked and walked and walked (just like pioneer children) and finally made it! brother and sister page's house! they had invited us over to their apartment to eat dinner, and talk and play games. it was so much fun!

they are just the nicest people. both from utah, he works here in the embassy and so they have been living here for 7 months! they have the two most adorable kids ever and are so much fun. it's so funny, all of us would talk to the kids EXACTLY how we talk to our students...it's wildly embarrassing..but probably completely entertaining to watch.

so we had the best meal of pizza (from dominoes! they have two for tuesdays here!) and FRESH salad with RANCH DRESSING. i wanted to drink it. not even kidding.

anddd..what else did we have. mmm she made us brownies! yum yum yum! you better believe we gobbled up that whole pan!

i wrongly justify my eating habits by me walking everywhere. but my walking does not equal out to how many things i eat. it's embarrassing.

but. good news, yesterday i put my jeans on..AND THEY FIT. it was a good day.

so anyways, blah blah blah. we ate and talked a lot, and then we played apples to apples, and let me tell you we had some good laughs, that's for sure! i swear my reading abilities went down, and i mispronounced all the words possible.

so thennnn it was getting late so we left (because it takes AT LEAST an hour to get ANYWHERE)

so we went on our merry way. carly decided she needed to pee her guts out on the side of the road, so i convinced her to pee on the sidewalk behind a big pile of snow.

:)

hehe.

aannndd thennn...that's pretty much all. riding public transportation is stupid and i hate it. but i'm over it :) i've learned to survive.

okee. i am going to go adventuring now.

DASVEDANYA!

2 comments:

Just the Beginning said...

<3
8)

Your valentine said...

I loved Valentines day, I was so happy we got to skype during your vday morning and my vday night. You are my world, Mal!

Love you!