Friday, February 17, 2012

Вы упали ваши перчатки

being here, i have learned more than ever that you just gotta work it.
people yell at you. you smile.
it happens quite a bit. i'm not sure if people are real yelling, or if that's how they talk. everyone talks in their yell voices all the time, and sometimes they start laughing after, and sometimes someone gets thrown into the wall. you never know.
i kinda find it entertaining until it is directed at me, and then i get stressed out.

so the other day me and carly were going to go adventuring, we didnt know where...so we hopped on the bus and we were going to ride the metro into town...but the moment we got on the bus, everyone turned and looked at us and pointed at the door and started yelling, and we had no idea what people were saying. we stood there awkwardly looking around saying "english? english?" but nobody responded in one english word that i knew. so we felt so awkward we jumped off the bus laughing our heads off. then i looked in the bus while it was driving away, and i saw a man point out the window to the snow, and i wondered what he was trying to tell me.
so i walked right on over to where he pointed, and carly had dropped her glove in the snow and everyone was trying to tell us!
how nice of them, right?!

if only i knew what they had been saying, i wouldnt have felt as awkward as i did. but i just couldnt stop laughing.

so that was like the highlight of my day.

so then we rode the metro into the city, and got off on a random stop. then we walked around, and saw everyone eating these delicious looking hot dogs, and wanted to know what in the world they were!
so we found the stand where they were selling them..and guess what? i have good news.
1. they were scones. with hot dogs inside. YUM.
2. it only costs $0.75
so i ate the entire thing in about 14 seconds, and let out the biggest burp of my entire life.
and then we walked around more. took a lot of pictures of stuff...
and then i found an art museum! so i made her go in there with me.
it was fun and all (and free) but i have this problem with museums. i get really bored...REALLY fast. and i just want to lay on the floor and take a nap. and i start to sweat. and i can start to feel the tumor in my brain start to grow and a headache arising. and then i just cant take it anymore. i dont see art. i dont even breathe. i just get ANGRY.

so by the time we reached the 5th floor i was more then done, and we left.
i found a falafel shop (booyaah!)

uhm what else..i think that's all...we were both tired so we went home earlyyy. but it was a good day i felt like.

wanna know one of the best parts of my day?
when i got off the metro to go home, i walked out to where the bus picks me up, and IT WAS THERE WAITING FOR ME! i had never been so happy in my whole life. it was a good moment.

so that was that.

and then today...i taught. teaching is a struggle for me..still. i feel like i'll never get the hang of our method of teaching..UGH. i just cant 100% grasp it.

but then after there was an INSTITUTE DANCE! hahaaa. so me and carly went on our merry way towards the city. we were gunna meet becki and lisa and john for food. aka our favorite thing. so me and carly got there, but we exited the metro on the wrong side. so instead of walking back down and around, we insisted on walking all the way around the entire block to get to where we needed to be. mind you, this was probably a good mile of walking. i was tiiired.
so we finally made it to the pizza place, and we ate. it was okay, nothing fancy or special. just pizza.

THEN we went to the dance. this is the best part of the night. it was WILD.
okay, that was wildly sarcastic. it was okay. there were a lot of people there, though. so that was fun. most of them smelled like disgusting body odor...so i hid in the corner and did my thing. (and by thing i mean dance until my feet fell off.) it was tons o'fun

everyone was so crazy. i just couldnt stop laughing. but to tell you the honest truth, it was just like any other church dance.
you know, the awkward jump dancing.
the awkward boys.
the silly girls.
chaperons

the whole shabang.

then i was tired, so i stopped dancing. and i sat down and talked to my friends. and then i got tired even more so i went home. and now here i am...eyes half open....attempting to stay awake to finish writing this.

because i need to tell you about the man that saved my life.

i was walking down a hill, and some man was walking up. right as we were crossing paths, i slipped. and like a ninja he reached out and caught me, returned me to my feet, and ran away. it was wonderful. i'm convinced he was a real life ninja. forreals.

okay, i'm going to bed now.

i love america.
adios.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he was a ninja, how could you see him????

Fav Uncle Tom

Ry said...

Man I want to see a Ukrainian ninja!!

Anonymous said...

I think he was one of the 3 Nephites

Tashina said...

I love america.
adios. <----- not american silly.. haha I love you! :D

Tashina said...

I love america.
adios. <----- not american silly.. haha I love you! :D