Monday, December 5, 2011

the big announcement

HELLO TO EVERYONE THAT IS OUT THERE IN THE WORLD.

and since i am so popular and everyone reads my blog, i decided that i was going to exclaim my wonderful news to the world of my blog! :)

I, Mallory Denison, am moving the the Ukraine for 6 months to teach English to the cutest freaking children you will ever see.

yeah, i'm not kidding. i'm being totes serious. and i am leaving in ONE FREAKING MONTH! this is the most exciting thing that i have ever even said in my entire life. this has been my dream, and the opportunity has finally arose! i didnt sign up for school, i didnt want to be at my job any more. and i didnt know what i was going to do with myself. not even kidding i was having a panic attack.

so anyways. in one day my life plans for january decided to change all in one day. my mom found the program, i applied, had my interview, and got accepted all within one day.

so...this is my plea to you. visit this website:
 http://www.gofundme.com/az7wo 
and donate money to the children. literally, all i need is $600. and this will change not only my life, but it will give these kids something that they will benefit from for their entire life. so even $5 will help.

so i'm sure you wanna know the low down on this program, and what i'll be doing, and how long i'll be there and all that jazz. so let me answer all your questions.
i will be teaching English to elementary aged children. I will be in Kiev, Ukraine. living with a host family. i leave in january and come back in june. i will be teaching (...no i'm not getting paid for this) monday-friday and loving every second of it. i plan all my own lessons, and all the lessons are very interactive and fun for the kids (and mostly me because we know how much i love to play)

so anyways. if you want to know more about the program, visit http://www.ilp.org/ and you will learn all the things that will want you to help these adorable children.

now watch this awesome video and see the wonderful land of ukraine that i will be living in! :) I LOVE YOU AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME!

2 comments:

Celeste said...

I say YAY and BOO at the same time. You will have a blast and be amazing at this! I will miss you. That is all...

Ry G said...

>:( I'm so happppppyyyyy for you, but soooooo saddddd! You make me so proud to be your bf...babe!
Loveyouallsthedays