Tuesday, August 3, 2010

whims and watermelon

everyone has done at least one thing in their life that was completely on a whim. it doesnt have to be big...but sometimes the bigger the better! it is probably one of my favorite things to do...it reminds me that i am in control of my life! i love it!

anyways, the reason i bring this up...i gave in. i cut my hair. and let me just tell you..i CUT my hair. i absolutely love it though. it is super short, and freaking so easy to do, and honestly...i have never felt prettier. i would have never thought that because you'd think i'd feel like a boy or something..but alas, that is not the case. I dont really have any good pictures of it..i swear every time a camera turns on and my face does like..super ugly things so i just am really embarrassed to show anyone them. buttt here is one that you kinda get the idea of how freaking adorable i am now ;)

okay, i lied. this one is super ugly. how embarrassing.

anyways, i want to know what everyone else has done on a whim! have you ever just been driving and....decided you needed a little vacation orrr..i dont know! bought something super expensive without really putting some good thought into it? i really want to know! i feel like i need to do things like this more often.

also, sorry about the centered words. it automatically did it anddd it wont let me change it back. or maybe i am just crazy and somewhat handicapped with technology (which is a rather large possibility)

oh, and the watermelon part. i LOVE watermelon. i wish someone would buy me one a day...ahh. i would be the happiest girl on the planet earth. and i love sunflowers, and daisys. soo much. they just make me happy!

so this summer has been awesome. i just want to say that. i cant even believe how fast it has gone by..i swear i was graduating YESTERDAY. and now i've already been to thailand, got a job, quit that job, got a new job, went sailing, been to EVERY free concert at pioneer park (yes, that was my summer goal. i guess i still have a few more to go. i dont know why i love them so much..mostly for the people watching. it is one of my few talents.) i have partied at the farmers market, melted in the sun, got a blistering sun burn (you have to make that mistake at least once every summer), drove through the canyon for my first time, rode a segway through portland, picked berries, and seriously...soooo much more. i cant even believe it.

but now i am unhappy to announce that..i move to orem this month.

i guess it is a bittersweet announcement for me. i am soo ready and soo excited for all the awesome things that are ahead..but it is probably the scariest thing to me EVER. what is wrong with me? i can go to kenya, and thailand without my parents..no problem! but send me 30 minutes away aaand i am having a freaking anxiety attack! something is seriously wrong with me.

oh and also, does anyone know if there is somewhere that teaches meditation. i really want to do it!

anyways, this is me signing off!

WOW! i'll be in bed before midnight for probably the first time this whole summer! :) go me.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

your hair is absolutely adorable! I love it. I have done so many things on a whim...I love it too. Once me and a friend just took off to Vegas. Or also there was the time I was sitting at work and decided to go to Africa and then a few months later, there I was. Life is so fun to have those little memories! ok well I love you and if you ever need company in Orem we aren't too far away :)